Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I remove an App from iTunes?

I am using the suggestions on a support page to delete an app from my iTunes that I do to use. i.e. select app, go to edit and select delete. My problem is delete is gray and can not be selected. I have highlighted the app and hit 'Delete" Nothing. Any other suggestions please?

Posted on Jun 30, 2014 4:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2014 4:25 PM

First, if this is a default iOS app, it cannot be deleted. Second, open iTunes and be sure you are signed into your account. Click on the Apps item under Libraries in the iTunes sidebar. Locate the app you don't want. CTRL- or RIGHT-click and select Delete from the context menu. You can do this with one or multiple apps.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 30, 2014 4:25 PM in response to CNTAllen

First, if this is a default iOS app, it cannot be deleted. Second, open iTunes and be sure you are signed into your account. Click on the Apps item under Libraries in the iTunes sidebar. Locate the app you don't want. CTRL- or RIGHT-click and select Delete from the context menu. You can do this with one or multiple apps.

How do I remove an App from iTunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.