Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCPX 10.1.2 crashes when opening Effects Panel

I just purchased FCPX but it crashes every single time I attempt to open the effects panel. I have verified my system is qualified, tried removing preferences, restarting, even reinstalling the application per Apple's support docs. Nothing fixes it. The crash happens on both 10.9.3 and 10.9.4, and ProApps Codecs are installed. Has anyone else run into this?

Posted on Jun 30, 2014 4:37 PM

16 replies

Jul 2, 2014 6:37 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

As you can see here other people (like me) seem to have the same problem. Certain Audio Unit plugins (in my case PredatorFX) screw up FCP, in a way that it sometimes gets stuck while opening FCP, showing only the splash screen. And it also confuses the FX tab in FCP. In FCP 10.1.1 it got confused with the photos tab, and now in FCP 10.1.2 it plain crashes the program! Pretty powerful stuff, those little audio plugins. I disabled the culprit by taking it out of /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins, and all seems to be well now.

FCPX 10.1.2 crashes when opening Effects Panel

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.