Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contact on iMac and iCloud

I recently changed my Apple ID. Prior to this I had my contacts and calandar and reminders on the iCloud and also on the iMac (e.g. Calendar and Contacts and Reminders groups duplicated on the iCloud and the iMac). In particular I managed the contacts so that both list (the one on the iCloud and the one on the iMac were exact duplicates) .Following the change to a new Apple ID, everything on the iCloud appears in order and this information is updated between devices however the 'master list' held on the iMac is missing. I no longer have any of the separate contact, calendar and reminder information on the iMac.

Please can someone advise me if there is a way of creating new folder on the iMac in the applications - particularly the contacts - in order to copy the information from the iCloud back onto the iMac (so that I can manage the contact lists in both (i.e. when I update one contact folder, I manually move it to the duplicate as well)?

And Please, how do I set a default calandar?

Posted on Jun 30, 2014 4:28 PM

12 replies

Jul 2, 2014 6:44 AM in response to Apple User7

Hi Apple User7,

I apologize, I'm a bit unclear on the exact configuration you are looking to set up. You are saying that your information is currently syncing correctly between iCloud and your iMac, yet you don't appear to have a local copy of the information? For more information on working with iCloud for these types of data, you may find the following articles helpful:

iCloud: Using iCloud Calendars with Calendar and iCal

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4968

iCloud: Troubleshooting iCloud Contacts

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts3998

iCloud: Troubleshooting iCloud Reminders and Tasks

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts4000

Regards,

- Brenden

Jul 3, 2014 1:34 AM in response to Apple User7

Apple User7 wrote:

I recently changed my Apple ID. Prior to this I had my contacts and calandar and reminders on the iCloud and also on the iMac (e.g. Calendar and Contacts and Reminders groups duplicated on the iCloud and the iMac). In particular I managed the contacts so that both list (the one on the iCloud and the one on the iMac were exact duplicates) .Following the change to a new Apple ID, everything on the iCloud appears in order and this information is updated between devices however the 'master list' held on the iMac is missing. I no longer have any of the separate contact, calendar and reminder information on the iMac.

Please can someone advise me if there is a way of creating new folder on the iMac in the applications - particularly the contacts - in order to copy the information from the iCloud back onto the iMac (so that I can manage the contact lists in both (i.e. when I update one contact folder, I manually move it to the duplicate as well)?

And Please, how do I set a default calandar?

I advise that you not do what you want to do, it is difficult to manage .... !

Go to Preferences General>Default Calendar to set defaults, same with Contacts etc.

Contact on iMac and iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.