Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

System Freeze once it received IGMPv3 query packet from my Gateway

Dear Support,

I got a freeze issue.

Every I connect my MacBook with OS 10.5.8 to gateway router, my Mac just freeze.

I've try to use Wireshark to capture some packet and found the freeze always happen on it received an IGMPv3 member query packet.

Could you help to clarification it?

Best Regards,

David Li

Posted on Jun 30, 2014 11:45 PM

8 replies

Jul 1, 2014 12:04 AM in response to David.Li

Hi, this has worked for a few...

Make a New Location, Using network locations in Mac OS X ...

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2712

10.5, 10.6, 10.7 & 10.8…

System Preferences>Network, top of window>Locations>Edit Locations, little plus icon, give it a name.

10.5.x/10.6.x/10.7.x/10.8.x instructions...

System Preferences>Network, click on the little gear at the bottom next to the + & - icons, (unlock lock first if locked), choose Set Service Order.

The interface that connects to the Internet should be dragged to the top of the list.

If using Wifi/Airport...

Instead of joining your Network from the list, click the WiFi icon at the top, and click join other network. Fill in everything as needed.

For 10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8, System Preferences>Network, unlock the lock if need be, highlight the Interface you use to connect to Internet, click on the advanced button, click on the DNS tab, click on the little plus icon, then add these numbers...

(There may be better or faster DNS numbers in your area, but these should be a good test).

Click OK.

Jul 1, 2014 12:50 AM in response to BDAqua

Dear BDAqua

My MacBook has get the IP from Gateway correctly.

However, my MacBook got freezing after it received a IGMPv3 member query from Gateway. e.g. Terminate & Safari & Wireshark no response.

I think my network configuration of Mac is correctly, but most application of Mac just no response.

When this problem appear, I can't even shut down my Mac or use Terminate to ping somewhere.

Please let me know if any question, thanks!

Best Regards,

David Li

System Freeze once it received IGMPv3 query packet from my Gateway

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.