Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with iBooks

I just upgraded my iMac to Mavericks over the weekend, but for some reason I cannot access the iBooks store. I can look at previously downloaded books but cannot connect to the iBooks store.

(FYI, I am also having problems with iTunes, as well. When I try to download the same book via iTunes, it sends me into an endless loop of re-entering my AppleID password.)

Posted on Jul 1, 2014 3:47 AM

1 reply

Jul 3, 2014 6:37 AM in response to PStu

Hello PStu,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Since the iBooks Store and the iTunes Store use the same servers, it is possible the ports required are being blocked. Please see the steps below to resolve the issue:

Troubleshoot issues on a Mac

If you haven't been able to connect to the iTunes Store, a software conflict or your Internet service provider (ISP) may be blocking your access.

• Update iTunes and Safari to the latest version.
  • If you have a firewall, your settings may be preventing you from connecting to the iTunes Store. Follow these steps to configure your firewall.
  • You may need to reset your keychain. Connection issues are occasionally caused by keychain issues. Learn how to use Keychain First Aid to resolve any issues with your keychain.
  • If you're receiving a specific error message, follow these steps.
  • If the issue still persists, contact your Internet service provider and confirm that these ports and servers are enabled over your network.

Can't connect to the iTunes Store

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1368

Take care,

Alex H.

Problem with iBooks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.