Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Podcast Feed Not Showing Up

Hi all,

This seems to be a problem that happens more often. However I wasn't able to find a solution for my issue.

It is actually quite simple:

In the past my podcast would show up in iTunes and now it doesn't anymore.

I don't know how long this has been going on though.

My feed is: http://culturematters.com/feed/podcast/

My iTunes subscripion URL is: https://itunes.apple.com/be/podcast/culture-matters-podcast-on/id599525836

I can't find anything wrong, and still it is.

thx

Chris

Posted on Jul 1, 2014 3:43 AM

10 replies

Jul 1, 2014 4:06 AM in response to chris smit

Your podcast appears to have been removed from the Store. As it can be subscribed to manually in iTunes there appears to be no technical problem. Other reasons for removal include unacceptable content, strong or sexual language in content when the 'explicit' tag is not set to 'yes' or in the title or descriptions in any event, and breach of copyright. I only listened briefly to bits of your top episode, and it seems unlikely that the first two are the issue; possibly the brief piece of music at the start has triggered concerns about copyright - if this is taken from a commercial recording then that's a breach of copyright and could get you removed. Obviously I can't know for certain what the cause is. You should have received an email from them if your podcast was removed, though it wouldn't have specified the reason; check it hasn't been spam-trapped.

You could try emailing Support at podcasts 'at' apple.com and asking them what is going on, but you may not get a helpful answer.

Jul 3, 2014 12:37 AM in response to Roger Wilmut1

Hi Roger (and everyone else),

Wanted to update you on this. Last night I received the following email:

Hello,

We apologize for the inconvenience. It seems our system ran into an issue when updating from your feed.

The podcast has been reviewed and re-approved.

Please allow 24 hours for the podcast to appear in the iTunes Store.

Best,

Kyle

That made me smile.

At the time of this writing it isn't back in the iTunes store, but I'm sure it will reappear.

Podcast Feed Not Showing Up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.