Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to prevent MyDay from starting up when I switch on. I have followed all instructions for doing this, but to no effect. I have unlocked and relocked.

I use an Macbook from 2006 with OS X 10.7.5

MyDay starts up every time I switch on. I don't use it, so want to remove it from the list of programs which start automatically. I have followed all instructions for doing this, and have of course unlocked and relocked the relevant page in Systems Preferences, but the instruction never 'sticks', and MyDay still starts every time. Anyone know what to do?

Posted on Jul 1, 2014 6:26 AM

2 replies

Jul 1, 2014 7:04 PM in response to richard 64

Check StartupItems...

Open a Finder window. From the Finder menu bar click Go > Go to Folder

Type or copy paste the following:

/Library/StartupItems

Click Go. If you see any reference to MyDay, delete it. That does not delete the app Just keeps it from launching when you startup your Mac.

Just to be sure, you checked System Preferences > Users & Groups > Login Items ??

Unlocking or locking the padlock icon only prevents other users from changing your preferences.

Jul 12, 2014 2:11 AM in response to Carolyn Samit

Dear Carolyn,

Thank you for taking the time to try and help me. I followed your suggestion, but there are no references to MyDay in any of the folders in Library/Startup Items. I went to the Genius Bar in the HK Apple Store, and after over ab hour, they couldn't do it either!. It seems that this is a Microsoft issue - I opened Entourage once, just to take a look at it, and *** soon as you do, MyDay will start up every time from then on, irrespective of any measures you take to stop it. It seems that the only possible way of curing this is to delete and re-install Microsoft Office, so I decided that quitting MyDay each time wasn't that much of a pain. I have in any case now bought a new Mac Book Pro, and decided I can manage without MS Office for the new Mac.

Renewed thanks,

Richard

I want to prevent MyDay from starting up when I switch on. I have followed all instructions for doing this, but to no effect. I have unlocked and relocked.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.