Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Delete a song in the recently added playlist

Hello,

I like Itunes a lot, but what really really bothers me is that you can not delete a song from the recently added playlist. And I don't meant to delete it just from the list but rather from Itunes itself. Please dear software developer add this feature so if I accidently added to Itunes I can delete it quickly. Most of the time I have this playlist open because it's the music I recently want to list to, so why not have a delete feature? And again, I know that deleting just from the list but not from Itunes would be a contradiction because the track falls into the category - but not deleting it from Itunes. Please it gets so annoying that I have first to search for the new song I recently added and then delete it....

Posted on Jul 1, 2014 7:21 AM

7 replies

Jul 1, 2014 7:44 AM in response to DKKA

Smart playlists work on rules. A track either satisfies all the rules, so it shows in the playlist, or it does not. If you want to remove a track from a smart playlist, but keep it in your library, then you edit the rules or edit the tag properties. For example unchecking is a good way to keep content in your library but exclude it from most smart playlists and only have it play when you explicitly choose. If you really want to delete the track from the library as well as the smart playlist it has shown up in use shift+delete.

tt2

Jul 1, 2014 9:11 AM in response to Drew Reece

Nope, as given shift+delete will delete selected tracks from the library under iTunes for Windows. Alt+delete does nothing. Ctrl+shift+delete will skip the confirmation for removing the entry from the library, but if the file is located inside the media folder there will be a prompt asking if the file should be sent to the recycle bin or kept.

tt2

Delete a song in the recently added playlist

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.