Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone freezes at updating iOS 7.2.1 with NONFUNCTIONING SLEEP WAKE BUTTON

Guys, I really hope you can help me:😢

i attempted to update my iPhone 4s to iOS 7.1.2 but it decided to freeze at about 25%. My sleep wake button is not working so I can't even reboot my iphone as per the online forum advice.

The thing is I'm now overseas in Rome and I have been trying to look for apple store around - they are inaccessible from my current schedule. I have got photos I have taken today in rome and also I will need my iphone for the rest of my trip.

Please guys urgent help is much appreciated! I have now unplugged the phone from the main to allow the battery to drain (or is this the right thing to do?) - will the phone reboot to normal after this?

Please Apple if you see this I will really appreciate your help at this urgent situation.

Posted on Jul 1, 2014 1:13 PM

31 replies

Jul 1, 2014 1:20 PM in response to kl01

kl01 wrote:

Guys, I really hope you can help me:😢

i attempted to update my iPhone 4s to iOS 7.1.2 but it decided to freeze at about 25%. My sleep wake button is not working so I can't even reboot my iphone as per the online forum advice.

The thing is I'm now overseas in Rome and I have been trying to look for apple store around - they are inaccessible from my current schedule. I have got photos I have taken today in rome and also I will need my iphone for the rest of my trip.

Please guys urgent help is much appreciated! I have now unplugged the phone from the main to allow the battery to drain (or is this the right thing to do?) - will the phone reboot to normal after this?

Please Apple if you see this I will really appreciate your help at this urgent situation.

No Apple won't read this, because there is no Apple in this user to user technical forum.

Jul 1, 2014 1:52 PM in response to acuvel

acuvel wrote:

I had the same problem with an iPhone 5. Just do a hard reset (press and hold the Home and Sleep/Wake buttons at the same time for a few seconds), then turn it on as you normally would. It worked for me, and it doesn't seem like I lost any data.

Same problem as your phone freezed during the updated and not that you have a non functioning sleep or wake button.

Jul 1, 2014 8:44 PM in response to kl01

Went to Apple store and the only thing they said could be done is an update of the firmware to get it out of the restart loop which meant wiping out all my data. They said this can happen when updating iOS over wireless and you get a glitch in the wireless coverage, even for a split second. Also to note there is no guarantee that the phone will work after the firmware update. Mine worked and and the bad thing is it's been a while since I backed up - my fault and very silly. 😟

Jul 2, 2014 2:01 AM in response to kl01

Hey guys I sorta have the same issue but instead, when I try to turn on my 4S its shows the silver apple logo and then a few seconds later it instructs me to connect my phone to my itunes. When I do, it gives me this pop up saying this... "Are you sure you want to restore the iPhone “iPhone” to its factory settings? All of your media and other data will be erased, and the newest version of the iPhone software will be installed." I do not want to do this because I dont think ive backed up my into for my phone. Someone please help me out...

iPhone freezes at updating iOS 7.2.1 with NONFUNCTIONING SLEEP WAKE BUTTON

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.