Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

APN connection IOS 7.1.2.

Hi,

I have just installed IOS 7.1.2 on my Iphone 5, and I can't find anywhere the option to set the APN for the mobile internet. I"ve searched for all kinds of tutorials and all I could find was that previously was in Settings-> Cellular-> Cellular Data Network. But now it disappeared and I cannot do my APN settings anymore, thus I am not able to have internet connection on my phone.

Can anyone help me with this information? Or is there any chance I can revert my IOS version to 7.1. ? It's really annoying not to be able to use the internet on your phone...

Is this an acknowledged problem with this software update?

Thank you in advance.

Posted on Jul 1, 2014 1:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2015 11:48 AM

Hello. I see this question has no answer after a year and I can hopefully help you, or anyone who comes into this thread in the future.

It's silly that this has to be done for iPhones now. I can't speak for ALL models or iOS versions, but mine is currently an iPhone 4 running the latest it can have which is iOS 7.1.2.

1: Go to unlockit.co.nz from the phone itself using wifi (obviously).

2: Below, tap on "Create APN".

3: It should be automatically set to your current network and simply tap "Create APN". If not, you will have to manually check the right country and current carrier for your device and give it a moment to do its thing.

5: A prompt to install Profile will come up. Tap Install. On the next prompt, tap "Install Now". Then tap "Done" when available which should be immediately.

6: Go back to your home screen and tap on your "Settings" icon. Ignore the new icon labeled "APN".

7: Go to "General" and scroll down, just above "Reset" you should now see "Profile". If so, all is fine.

8: Simply reboot your phone now to apply the new settings. Make sure you turn wifi off and test your favorite web browser to make sure it works.

9: Go ahead and delete the icon "APN" now. It is just a bookmark.

10: Enjoy if this worked! If not, you may have to put up with your tech support on solving the issue and I wish you the best of luck.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 4, 2015 11:48 AM in response to mntabacaru

Hello. I see this question has no answer after a year and I can hopefully help you, or anyone who comes into this thread in the future.

It's silly that this has to be done for iPhones now. I can't speak for ALL models or iOS versions, but mine is currently an iPhone 4 running the latest it can have which is iOS 7.1.2.

1: Go to unlockit.co.nz from the phone itself using wifi (obviously).

2: Below, tap on "Create APN".

3: It should be automatically set to your current network and simply tap "Create APN". If not, you will have to manually check the right country and current carrier for your device and give it a moment to do its thing.

5: A prompt to install Profile will come up. Tap Install. On the next prompt, tap "Install Now". Then tap "Done" when available which should be immediately.

6: Go back to your home screen and tap on your "Settings" icon. Ignore the new icon labeled "APN".

7: Go to "General" and scroll down, just above "Reset" you should now see "Profile". If so, all is fine.

8: Simply reboot your phone now to apply the new settings. Make sure you turn wifi off and test your favorite web browser to make sure it works.

9: Go ahead and delete the icon "APN" now. It is just a bookmark.

10: Enjoy if this worked! If not, you may have to put up with your tech support on solving the issue and I wish you the best of luck.

APN connection IOS 7.1.2.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.