Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

fcp 10.1.2 erratic in exporting color correction

I see that at least one other user is having the same problem with 10.1.2. My movies of four or five clips (auditions for actors) are not carrying color correction forward upon export on all the clips. Some, yes. Some, no. For several hours over two days I have tried everything I can think of to isolate the problem and haven't come up with anything. Sometimes when I export a second time after first disabling and then re-enabling the color correction settings, the second export will be fine.

I've sent in a feedback note to Apple, but I have no reason to believe they'll respond (several times over the years I've done the same on various issues, and have never gotten a response).

While it's distressing that the problem exists on my three iMacs, it's a bit encouraging that I've found someone else having the problem here in the forum.

(Sorry, couldn't find that thread again just now, so I am posting a new question.)

Anyone with any wisdom? Please?

Thanks.

Posted on Jul 1, 2014 2:02 PM

17 replies

Jul 14, 2014 7:33 AM in response to Brad Holbrook

So guys, I update you on this issue of the correct color paste attributes, so that what you are exporting are not saved before exporting selected all the clips, go to color correct and check the disabled and re-enabled after you can successfully export all the clips of the your color correct applied, try and let me know if it works to You

Jul 14, 2014 7:41 AM in response to kanos

Update on my Apple support request: They said that the engineers have identified the problem (copying and pasting color correction in Paste Attributes will show up as active within the timeline, but those clips with pasted color correction will not export with the color correction) and that they will fix it. Of course we must wait for 10.1.3 and there's no telling when that will happen.

In the meantime, the workaround (clicking the color correction box off and then back on) does seem to consistently fix the problem. It's just time consuming.

fcp 10.1.2 erratic in exporting color correction

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.