Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud holiday calendars

I have just turned my Mac on today and a new calendar has appeared in Calendar under Other.

It's Mexican holidays and it's a subscription calendar from iCloud. I'm not in Mexico, and I didn't add it.

I have seen on a few other machines similar calendars appear – Canadian Holidays, Hong Kong Holidays. None of the users added these iCloud subscription calendars.

Is anyone else seeing this strange behaviour?

Thanks!

Posted on Jul 1, 2014 2:53 PM

13 replies

Jul 1, 2014 6:31 PM in response to pknz4

I haven't personally seen reports of a calendar being added as you describe, but I suggest you remove the calendar. If it happens again, you need to report it to Apple Feedback so it can be logged and put in the queue to be fixed.

http://www.apple.com/feedback/macosx.html

Delete a calendar in browser while logged into iCloud:

1. Click Edit below the sidebar.

2. Click the Delete button to the right of the calendar’s name, then click Delete.

Jul 12, 2014 2:46 PM in response to pknz4

I have the problem showing on all 3 devices, Mac, iPhone & iPad. I got woken by an alarm this morning for a british holiday, unchecked it on my iPhone then found Canada on my iPad and Mac. deleted it on the mac ( the only place possible ) and reselected "show holidays calendar" in the preferences of iCal and got Mexican holidays

great fun :-)

Jul 17, 2014 1:08 AM in response to pknz4

I Live in New Zealand and I also am 'subscribed' to Mexican Holiday calendar. Not by my hand. This is very annoying. I cannot delete it. I can only un-tick it. Along with my very bad iOS 7.1.1 upgrade that causes my iPhone battery to rapidly go flat and also causes my wireless connection to be almost useless, I am very unimpressed and upset with Apple. What is going on Apple? It is not 'just me'. I have many friends and colleagues with the same issues. The general feeling here in NZ is not good for Apple.

Jul 17, 2014 2:10 AM in response to cheonweb

Thanks cheonweb. Unfortunately I have updated to 7.1.2. No difference. Apple engineers have assessed battery (no issues) and walked me through full restore (did not fix these issues). Phone was backed up using iTunes and fully restored using iTunes. All recommended methods.

Phone was fine before upgrade. This is a common issue and definitely iOS and not device-related. There are many, many examples on the web-forums of this battery-drain and bad wifi issue. And also this 'Mexican or Canadian' calendar issue. Google and see the many results. Any other advice and recommendations welcome.

Mar 14, 2015 12:03 PM in response to pknz4

Hi everyone. I had this same frustrating problem. Not sure how I got the Holidays in Canada on my ical and it is affecting my emails (which is gmail). So any emails I would send from my phone or iPad would appear that they were sent from "Holidays in Canada". Super frustrating. I realized this calendar that I never subscribed too was on my google account calendars which I was able to unsubscribe from and it is now off my ical but when I email from my phone or iPad it still says from "Holidays in Canada". How do you get rid of this stupid thing?

iCloud holiday calendars

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.