Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I print multiple ranges?

How do I print a range of pages such as: 4-7,8-12,47,67,88-91. I have a large PDF and only need 30 of the 300 pages. I want to make a new PDF-the problem is printing (making a new PDF) using various pages throughout the book. I use the Mavericks OS. Thanks in advance.

Posted on Jul 1, 2014 3:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2014 7:57 PM

Good evening, Candido

Not enough info.

First, the pre-2006 Mac notebooks this forum covers cannot run Mavericks. What Mac do you have?

Second, are you trying to print the pages from Apple's Preview or Adobe's Reader?

We can help you through tis once we know a little more, and get your post moved to a more active forum. This one gets very few views.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 1, 2014 7:57 PM in response to Candido Gomez

Good evening, Candido

Not enough info.

First, the pre-2006 Mac notebooks this forum covers cannot run Mavericks. What Mac do you have?

Second, are you trying to print the pages from Apple's Preview or Adobe's Reader?

We can help you through tis once we know a little more, and get your post moved to a more active forum. This one gets very few views.

Jul 15, 2014 10:25 PM in response to Allan Jones

Allan,

I want to apologize for not thanking you for the prompt response. I was in Hawaii for 3 weeks and was just lazy. The issue is resolved. I have a 2011 MacBook Pro-so this may not be the correct area for this question. What I ended up doing was opening the file in Chrome instead of Safari and I was able to select the exact pages. Example print 4,6,12-15,22,34 etc. Chrome gave me the option while the safari browser did not give me the option. I think I could of done what LostAccount suggested and reorganize the thumbnails.

Thank you very much for helping,

Candido

Jul 15, 2014 10:26 PM in response to LostAccount

LostAccount,

I want to apologize for not thanking you for the prompt response. I was in Hawaii for 3 weeks and was just lazy. The issue is resolved. I have a 2011 MacBook Pro-so this may not be the correct area for this question. What I ended up doing was opening the file in Chrome instead of Safari and I was able to select the exact pages. Example print 4,6,12-15,22,34 etc. Chrome gave me the option while the safari browser did not give me the option. I think I could of done what you suggested and reorganize the thumbnails.

Thank you very much for helping,

Candido

How do I print multiple ranges?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.