Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 7.1.2 has caused my Exchange Mail to FAIL!!!!

Ever since I've upgraded Exchange mail wont update, wont push, can't fetch and won't display messages.When I try to delete and recreate the account it freezes. So i re-installed everything using itunes (factory reset with firmware reinstall and... mail updates at first and then freezes permanently. ???? any fix at all??? How can Apple just render this phone useless like this???

Posted on Jul 1, 2014 3:30 PM

18 replies

Jul 2, 2014 12:26 PM in response to Brigsby808

Hi,

same problem here (iPad Air): syncing to Exchange 2010 using certificate based authentication as well as syncing to Zarafa using only username/password.

I tried to delete the account using Zarafa and the device is frozen since 30 minutes now...

What can I do to reuse my iPad? Reset using power and home button?

But my iPhone 4S works fine after upgrading to iOS 7.1.2 using the same accounts.

Maybe there as problem only with newer devices?

Jul 31, 2014 10:05 AM in response to Brigsby808

Multiple corporate iPhones, 4 - 5s. Some affected, some not affected. After update, email (Exchange 2003) will sync up to a certain date (last Friday), then begins throwing a "cannot connect to the server" error each time a sync is attempted. Work around is to delete the account, then re-add the account and set the amount of email synced to something less than one month. For iPhone 5s, 1 week seems to work. For iPhone 4, 3 days is the most you can get. I hope this helps someone.

Jul 31, 2014 2:16 PM in response to mradtex

Hello, everyone. First post here. My company updated to Exchange 2013 this week and put everything on a new server. No iPhones are able to connect. I am using an iPhone 4s with iOs 7.1.2

Before the upgrade, I was running 7.1.2 as well with Exchange 2008 and all was working fine.

I've tried the solutions above to no avail. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

-David

Jul 31, 2014 2:25 PM in response to David7700

I'm assuming you removed the Exchange account from the phone and re-added it after completing the server upgrade? Or are you trying to connect using an Exchange profile that was already configured on the phone prior to the server upgrade?

EAS is installed and enabled by default when Exchange 2013 is installed, but that does NOT mean that your IT staff actually went with the defaults...

Jul 31, 2014 2:28 PM in response to KiltedTim

I did remove the Exchange account. I followed this order:

1. Turned off wifi so as not to be on server

2. Deleted the exchange account (bye bye thousands of contacts--I now do not know my children's cell phone numbers) 😮

3. Deleted the network settings

4. Created a new Exchange Account

This did not work. I've also tried variations of the above as well. I will ask about the EAS defaults.

Aug 1, 2014 6:12 PM in response to Brigsby808

I am having a similar, potentially related issue: My iPhone 5 will no longer connect to my Google Apps account using gmail app or Dropbox Mailbox app -- it works fine with browser (Chrome, Safari) and native iPhone Mail app.

Symptom: Redirects to a page that says account is managed by sunyit.edu, and you will be redirected in a moment. Then, spinning beach ball forever.

It seems like it is similar to this issue, so I thought I'd post here. No traffic or discussion of this issue that I can find anywhere.

Oh, and tried all the usual: new app, wipe phone, erase settings, changes Safari cookies, reset phone, etc. etc. etc.

iOS 7.1.2 has caused my Exchange Mail to FAIL!!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.