Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Google map widget - iBook Author

Greetings,

Following unsuccessful attempts at publishing a book containing pictures and google map widgets to assist the reader to locate the picture , I have received the following ticket from Apple several times:

Books must not include incorrect, missing, or poorly functioning widgets.

I have used Bookry to create the google map widget and everything looks fine when I use the preview function on iBook Author, or if I import my book as an .ibook file into my iPad.

I have watched the Bookry tutorials and followed their instructions closely, I do not seem to be able to see any issues yet Apple is claiming the widgets are incorrect, missing or poorly functionning.

Thank you

P0mme

Posted on Jul 1, 2014 7:52 PM

4 replies

Jul 7, 2014 6:12 AM in response to P0mme

Hi there

Is there any information given as to which which exact widgets are causing the issue? I would approach Bookry support and send them a copy of the problematic widget. If it can't pass Apple's QA, they're not really fit-for-pupose, and as all the coding etc is done at Bookry's end, they need to be made aware of any issues with their services.

Jul 9, 2014 2:46 AM in response to P0mme

Hi P0mme

Not off the top of my head. Making custom widgets requires HTML, CSS, Javascript and - for what you want - server side services. Thats a lot of knowledge to pay for, and Bookry got involved in automating this a long time ago; making a web-based 'front end', automatically generating the code (from the options you select and assets you upload) on their servers, and you download the finished article.

I'm not aware of another company that does it that way, but it may be possible to get someone to sit down and write what you're after, but it's expensive, often prohibitively so. I can write simple stuff, but in the books that I have done, many publishers turn down custom-made HTML widgets because of the cost involved.

Sorry I can't be more help.

Google map widget - iBook Author

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.