Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Shared IMAP email with PC

Hello,

I have a question, in the office we have shared info@ IMAP mail which we receive in copy on our personal emails. I am the only person in the office with a MAC the others are all PC. The problem is that when I read the copy of the info mail in my personal IMAP it is shown as already read also in the info@ IMAP. Do you know if there are some settings who can cause this matter? Thank you!!!!!

Posted on Jul 2, 2014 6:16 AM

5 replies

Jul 7, 2014 6:25 AM in response to caro7

Thank you for your answer, but you did not understand my question. Of course if I read an email on my account it is shown as read on all devices, but the problem is that if i read the copy of the info@ mail in the account of my personal mail it show the mail as read also on the device of the person who reads directly the info@mail

Jul 7, 2014 6:26 AM in response to BobTheFisherman

Thank you for your answer, but you did not understand my question. Of course if I read an email on my account it is shown as read on all devices, but the problem is that if i read the copy of the info@ mail in the account of my personal mail it show the mail as read also on the device of the person who reads directly the info@mail

Jul 7, 2014 7:05 AM in response to caro7

I think it is you who does not understand. If you have an account Info@ or any other imap account, when you read the email it is marked as read on the server. If someone else has access to the same info@ account, then when they subsequently access the same account the emails on the server that you read are marked read. So their subsequent access to the same account will show the emails as read. The same would happen if the other person accessed an imap email account then you subsequently accessed the same account. You would see the emails as read.

Your issue is not a Windows compatibility issue. Your issue is that you are sharing an imap email account. Read about the imap protocol here: https://www.google.com/search?q=imap+email+protocol

Shared IMAP email with PC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.