Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

10.9.4 AD Binding Issue

So our company has over 100 10.9 machines currently and I myself updated to OSX 10.9.4 just today to find that it breaks the Active Directory Binding.

When a user installs the update and reboots the login refuses to process and shakes, you log in to the local account and select the users and groups area to find that the *select network users to login* radio button has gone but the binding appears to remain.

If you rebind the issue doesn't go away and users still cannot login, has anyone else come across this?

Posted on Jul 2, 2014 7:03 AM

6 replies

Jul 10, 2014 11:13 AM in response to grnltrn2814

Generally - an AD Login is strictly a negotiation between the Mac client and AD.

It sounds like you may also have your clients bound to a Mac Server running Open Directory?

Ours are bound to a Mac Server also but only for the purpose of managing preferences. Our Mac server is itself bound to AD and its Kerberos is disabled.

If yours are bound both ways you might want to try it just with AD. See if it makes a difference.

Jul 10, 2014 11:24 AM in response to piperspace

I'm sorry I don't quite understand your answer. We create our users under the "Users" area on Server. Our computer systems we then bound to that server, then we install a trust certificate, and a management profile that creates a mobile home folder, and then changes so that users have to type in a user name and passwords.

This worked fine in 10.9.3 but with these new 10.9.4 it will bind and install the profiles, but it takes 20 mins to show up in the system. After that we restart it just bounces when you try to log in with a network user.

10.9.4 AD Binding Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.