Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

what keyboards are compatible with eMac?

I have a 2004 eMac with Bluetooth connections. The original keyboard died out and was replaced with mac compatible Microsoft Mobile keyboard 6000. It keeps dropping the connection so I am looking to replace it with something else. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Posted on Jul 2, 2014 9:02 AM

4 replies

Jul 11, 2014 5:36 AM in response to Allan Jones

Allan,

Actually funny you should say "any Mac USB keyboard." Apple made some newer keyboards that may only function after booting via open firmware

if something is wrong with the PRAM battery. Some of the flat key keyboards are that way. I had that experience with an iMac G5. Once I typed mac-boot it worked for the most part, though sometimes I had to also force quit the Finder to regain access to all the other functions of the keyboard. I don't have the time get a new PRAM battery. So that's just something to keep in mind. MacAlly and Logitech also make Mac keyboards and may have drivers that work better with PowerPC Mac operating systems.

what keyboards are compatible with eMac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.