Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't open Garageband project, please help

I was using a Mac Mini, 10.7.5, and recorded some vocal tracks on Garageband 11. I clicked gospel choir vocal effect at first, and it was fine. When I wanted to try another effect by clicking another one, the application quit. When I tried to open the project again, the initializing window popped up, and a few seconds after, it said something like "Garageband quit unexpectedly, do you want to reopen to restore the windows". When I clicked "reopen", it directed me back to Garageband recent project page without opening the project I was working on. I tried to open other projects I worked on previously, and those could be opened; just not the one that I worked on recently.

I didn't back up anything with the Time Machine because I never used it before, didn't know how to use it.

I just saved the project to my USB drive, deleted the one on the Mac Mini, deleted Garageband, updated to iOS10.9 something, reinstalled the newest version of Garageband, tried to open the project from the USB drive, failed again.

When I open the "show package content", some mp3 files of my recorded vocals are there. I don't think all of what I recorded are there, but some.

Please help.

Thanks!

Posted on Jul 2, 2014 10:20 AM

There are no replies.

Can't open Garageband project, please help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.