Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iWeb file on my harddrive seems to have disappeared.

Help.,

When,I,open,Web,nothing,happens.,

It's,like,my,blog,has,disappeared.,

It,is,still,working,find,on,goDaddy,where,it,is,hosted,and,people,can,read,it,fi ne.,

But,I,can't,add,any,new,blog,entries,until,I,figure,out,how,to,open/access,it,in ,Web on my hard drive.

Is there a way to create a new empty iweb document and import the info from my file on the web?

If not, is there another program I can import the file into?

Posted on Jul 2, 2014 10:48 AM

1 reply

Jul 4, 2014 12:46 AM in response to vvprints

No. You need to find your domain.sites file as this is where your iWeb data is stored. It cannot just disappear and all domain.sites files are stored under your User Library/Application Support/iWeb/domain.sites.

Depending on whether you have multiple domain.sites files and what OS you are using - if you are using Lion, Mountain Lion or Mavericks, then these cannot open multiple domain files, so you'll have to download something called iWeb Switch from the internet to allow you to open multiple domain files. Also be aware that the User Library is also hidden, so in Finder all you need to do is go the the Go menu at the top and then press the 'alt' key to make the User Library visible.

iWeb itself cannot import and neither will other programmes.

Download iWeb Switch and make your User Library visible and you should then be able to find your domain.sites file and open it.

My iWeb file on my harddrive seems to have disappeared.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.