Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCS 2 on Mavericks installed but I cannot use master templates from effect in the viewer

I have successfully(?) installed FCS 2 onto my new iMac running Mavericks and I've run all of the installers from the other discs and installed all of those components, templates etc.
I have opened previous projects and been able to render everything except any of the Motion master templates. So I tried to open some of them into the Viewer and found that they would not play. I have been able to open the same templates in Motion and run their QT versions from the desktop.

Why then, will they not run in FCP?

Any ideas out there?

Posted on Jul 2, 2014 10:38 AM

2 replies

Jul 2, 2014 11:02 AM in response to Penyfai

When FCP begins to act in unexpected ways, the usual first step is to trash you FCP preferences.

You can download Preference Manager (free) from Digital Rebellion and it will do it for you from this link.

Your preferences will be reset to default the next time you launch FCP.

You also may want to run Software update and see if there are any updates for the apps you installed.

MtD

Jul 2, 2014 4:25 PM in response to Meg The Dog

Thanks MtD for the prompt response, but unfortunately this didn't resolve my problem. I have installed all updates and installed Quicktime 7.6.6 and then rerun the FCS installation in order to get the Pro components resolved. Still no joy.

On my old iMac (2006 Intel Core Duo) I seem to remember installing Perian for some reason. I am now wondering if it was to resolve this sort of issue.

I think I'll try that tomorrow and post back to this forum.

Cheers

Penyfai

FCS 2 on Mavericks installed but I cannot use master templates from effect in the viewer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.