Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i lost my ipod touch at school

so the last day of school was last week (june 26) and i lost my ipod on june 18. on june 16 i brought it to school for a presentation. we had an indoor recess that day because it was raining so after recess, i was in a rush to get to music class because i have been late several times already so i put my ipod on my friends desk. after music, it was gone. i checked my locker and it wasnt in there. the lock on my locker is messed up because if you pull really hard on it it opens without entering the combination, so after school my friends told me that my locker was wide open. the next morning i found my ipod in my locker. i put it in my backpack and brought it home. i brught it back to school the next day (june 18) and again after lunch recess i was in a rush to get to music class so i put it in my friend's locker. It isn't actually her locker, it is an extra locker that nobody uses so her and her other friend put their stuff in it and so do i. I also keep my alto saxophone in that locker so i didn't think it would be a big deal to leave my i pod there. I also put my earbuds in there. After music i looked in the locker and only my earbuds were in it. A few days later i told the office and i watched the security camera and literally NO ONE went to that locker so i am really confused. I looked through the entire locker several times to make sure it hadn't fallen or anything. It was dead when i put it in so i can't use find my iPhone and i had tried using it several times and each time it said it was offline so i dont think anyone has stolen it. and im 99% sure that my friend didn't take it so i don't know. Can i track it with the serial number or something? it was only 8 gigabytes and it was really cheap but i still want it back because all my pictures from travelling are in it

Posted on Jul 2, 2014 12:30 PM

2 replies

Jul 2, 2014 12:47 PM in response to usagitsukino

No, the SN will only help identify the iPod as you IF it is recovered.

lost/stolen

No app on the iPod is required.

- If you previously turned on FIndMyiPod on the iPod in Settings>iCloud and wifi is on and connected, on a computer browser go to iCloud: Find My iPhone, sign in and go to FIndMyiPhone. If the iPod has been restored it will never show up or conbtinue to show off-line.

- You can also wipe/erase the iPod and have the iPod play a sound via iCloud.

iCloud: Erase your device

iCloud: Use Lost Mode

- If not shown, then you will have to use the old fashioned way, like if you lost a wallet or purse.

- Change the passwords for all accounts used on the iPod and report to police and school

- There is no way to prevent someone from restoring the iPod (it erases it) using it unless you had iOS 7 on the device. With iOS 7, one has to enter the Apple ID and password to restore the device.

- Apple will do nothing without a court order

Reporting a lost or stolen Apple product

- iOS: How to find the serial number, IMEI, MEID, CDN, and ICCID number

i lost my ipod touch at school

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.