Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to open old projects after updating FCPX

My old version of FCPX was not that old, but I recently updated it to 10.1.2 and it now has the libraries rather than events. After I clicked up update projects and events it has brought my old events into the libraries viewer, but I do not see any of my old projects. I was just wondering/hoping that I can still access all my old projects and where I need to go to import them back in. Many thanks for any help or advice.

Posted on Jul 2, 2014 2:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2014 5:09 PM

WWhere the projects in events in the same location? Is there an event in the library called Updated Projects?

5 replies

Jul 3, 2014 4:04 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

No the projects were in the bottom right of fcpx and the events were in the top left. Yes I see now each of my hard drives is listed under 'libraries" and has all the events and import contents listed by name and then each one has a folder "updated projects" with what seems like all of my projects. So is there no way to associate the events and projects back together or at least under the same tab? Anyways, thanks for helping me find my projects, just seems like more of a hassle to get there: hard drive > Updated Projects > Project - rather than just pulling up the projects. I guess it's something to get used to. Is there any alternate way of organizing it or is this just the set standard now? Thanks again

How to open old projects after updating FCPX

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.