Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook has been wiped by Apple. How do I redownload purchased apps?

Hi,

I had a few problems with my (relatively new) Macbook Pro, took it to Apple, and as part of fixing the problem, they wiped the machine. I'd had Pages, Numbers and Keynote installed on my laptop. On this now 'empty' laptop I want to download these items again from the app store - but they're not showing up as purchased items on my App store? I am definitely logged in with my apple ID! And I definitely bought these items off the store back in October.

If it helps, I think they were the '09 version, and I'm unable to find the '09 versions on the app store too...

Many thanks in advance if anyone can help 🙂 I hope it's something simple I'm missing here...

Posted on Jul 2, 2014 2:18 PM

4 replies

Jul 3, 2014 1:19 PM in response to Carolyn Samit

Hi, thanks for the reply - I managed to find the apps previously downloaded on iTunes... but they appear to be Mobile apps, rather than ones for MacBook... so they won't open.

For the Mac App store, I've followed the instructions on the link you kindly provided, but none of the apps are showing up.

Any ideas? I would go to an Apple store but it's very costly (time and money-wise!) for me to keep doing that!

Jul 12, 2014 4:12 PM in response to Carolyn Samit

Thanks for the reply - I did originally try to use time machine, but basically there was a lot of junk on the computer and i was told to just copy and paste what i wanted onto a USB.

Do you have any idea why the apps aren't showing up on my purchased items? I don't understand why i'm not allowed the option to redownload the apps, seeing as I have paid for them!! This is still the same computer I handed over to apple :/

Macbook has been wiped by Apple. How do I redownload purchased apps?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.