Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Outlook 365 connectivity

Hi

I have a 2014 macbook air running OSX 10.9.3. Office 365 for mac with all the relevant updates. I connect at work through wifi and can browse the net and receive mail as per normal.

When I get home I connect through wireless adsl as well. I can browse the net fine but cannot connect to my work mail. I have an exchange 2010 mailbox and connect to the same “webmail.xxxx” account from my iPhone and iPad at home successfully. No error messages available other than Outlook "trying to connect" at the bottom right.

Any thoughts please?

Ghaliel

Posted on Jul 3, 2014 12:19 AM

5 replies

Jul 7, 2014 12:52 AM in response to Nubz N.

Hi Nubz

I read the article but I do not see the settings it suggests.

1. Update to OS X v10.8.1 or later.
  2. Open Mail, then choose Mail > Preferences.
  3. Uncheck (deselect) the "Use Autodiscovery Service" checkbox above the Internal and External server settings. When Autodiscovery is unchecked, the Internal and External mail server addresses can be edited.

I am using outlook 365 and do not see the auto discover on any of the mail preferences. I recreated the mailbox without the "automatically detect settings" option and manually typed in the exchange settings. I will test again this evening when I get home.

Ghaliel

Outlook 365 connectivity

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.