Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Store, option to purchase

trying to update Macfamily Tree to 7.2.1, which is a purchase update, when I select the option to update, the update is a demo, when i select to purchase i'm taken back to the apple store page for macFamily Tree and the button shows that it's installed.

Posted on Jul 3, 2014 3:19 AM

5 replies

Jul 3, 2014 12:37 PM in response to GDingler

it's not an issue of the application, it is an issue that the apple store web site doesn't allow me to purchase the update. The update downloads fine, but in the program if it is the demo version, it has an option in the edit menu to purchase the program, which tells me the version i has been downloaded is the demo version, which then has to be purchased through the Apple Store web site. When i select Buy in the Edit menu, that drives me back to the apple store, where the button should say $24 dollars, it doesn't it says installed.

Please help

Greg

Jul 3, 2014 12:41 PM in response to GDingler

from synium software

Installed Demo

Q: I downloaded and installed the free demo from your website. Now when I try to purchase the application in the App Store, it tells me the application was already installed and refuses to let me buy.

A: Please delete our application from your Mac's Applications folder. Once deleted, you will then be able to purchase it in the App Store. The Store tries to keep you from purchasing applications you already did buy. To the Store, an application is the same no matter where you purchased it when it comes to allowing you to buy it. Updating is an entirely different matter, you can only update via the App Store if you purchased an application there - please see the next question for details.

Jul 12, 2014 1:25 PM in response to Carolyn Samit

Not helpful, the most recent version is 7.2.2, but that's not the issue

Please read, It is a product sold only through the apple store,

there is a limited time to upgrade between 7.1.6 or earlier to 7.2.x for the price of 24 dollars and change

after that the product is 49 dollars and change. Last Day to upgrade before the price changes is today.

I've been trying to get through this and I don't seem to be able to get resolution.

This is an issue of how the Apple Store distributes the product.

Apple Store, option to purchase

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.