Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple mess

Hi All,

Have searched several questions but can't seem to find a full current answer - i would hugely appreciate some help! 😕

I have an ipad 2nd gen which i am more than happy with and an iphone 5s. My main computer that was being used solely to back-up both devices was a dell laptop which has been dead for a while now. Ipad and iphone are now full to the brim with photo's, music etc and i have no where to sync the devices.

The simple solution would be to buy an imac right? Just the small problem of £! I can't currently afford this so have been looking into the prospect of buying the mac mini. Could i use this to sync both devices, transfer all my music and photo's onto and then be able to delete from my ipad and iphone leaving me with space for backups etc? Also, could i use my ipad as a screen for the mac mini? (i have a keyboard and mouse ready to go)

Any help would be hugely appreciated.. thanks in advance! 🙂

Posted on Jul 3, 2014 4:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2014 4:21 AM

Yes you can change the syncing computer for the iPad and iPhone to the new Mini by:

Syncing to a "New" Computer or replacing a "crashed" Hard Drive: Apple Support Communities

There are apps that allow you to use an iPad as a secondary screen for a computer. But you still need a dedicated monitor. You can get one for very cheap or even free sometimes from Craig's list

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 3, 2014 4:21 AM in response to Mermaid.

Yes you can change the syncing computer for the iPad and iPhone to the new Mini by:

Syncing to a "New" Computer or replacing a "crashed" Hard Drive: Apple Support Communities

There are apps that allow you to use an iPad as a secondary screen for a computer. But you still need a dedicated monitor. You can get one for very cheap or even free sometimes from Craig's list

Jul 3, 2014 4:22 AM in response to Mermaid.

A Mac Mini will give all the capabilities of an iMac but in a smaller box and without a screen 😟 you can use virtually any screen keyboard and mouse. You can also buy a refurbished model from Apple and save a little money (full warranty). It will connect to your iCloud account just as your iPhone and iPad do and you will be able to save your stuff on it.

Apple mess

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.