Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am using Garageband to record voiceovers but the sound wave is almost flat so impossible to edit. I use a Focusrite preamp connected to a Macbook Pro. Any thoughts on what I could be doing incorrectly...??

I am using Garageband to record voiceovers but the sound wave is almost flat so impossible to edit. I use a Focusrite preamp connected to a Macbook Pro. Any thoughts on what I could be doing incorrectly...??

Posted on Jul 3, 2014 7:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2014 7:57 AM

Check the gain from mic to input (on the focusrite) check that focus rite is at mic level and not line level. What type of microphone?

5 replies

Jul 11, 2014 3:41 PM in response to alison_vo

On the Saffire, turn Phantom on and advance the gain to around 7, (not the other way around) the spec says that there is an indicator light for line level, but I don't see a switch so I assume that the XLR connection in place of the quarter inch plug sets that. Your mic has a 3 pin XLR connector.

Firewire connection to your Mac. any adaptors involved?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.