Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhoto is there, but won't open or allow me to view it. I've installed Mavericks and I've done the iPhoto upgrade necessary.

The task bar is at the top of the screen, but the best i can do is hit VIEW then Exit Full Screen (or Enter Full Screen) and it shows for a second then disappears off to the right.

Posted on Jul 3, 2014 6:43 AM

2 replies

Jul 3, 2014 9:29 AM in response to Road Warrior 808

With the amount of information you've provided it's impossible to offer a potential solution. We can't see your computer so we need to know the details of your problem and setup, i.e.:

• what version of iPhoto are you using?
  • what system version are you running?
  • what do you see when iPhoto opens? Do you see anything when not in Full Screen?
  • what fixes have you tried?
  • where is your library located?
  • did you apply any updates or upgrades just prior to the problem occurring?
  • are you running a "managed" or "referenced" library?

User uploaded file

• what type of Mac?
  • how much free space on your boot drive?

User uploaded file

Jul 3, 2014 11:35 AM in response to Road Warrior 808

1. From the application's menu bar, select

Window Zoom

2. If an external display is connected and turned off, either turn it on or disconnect it.

3. Open Mission Control. Close all desktops except Desktop 1 by positioning the cursor over each one and then clicking the X button in the top left corner. In Desktop 1, move the missing window, if need be, so that it won't be hidden behind the Dock.

My iPhoto is there, but won't open or allow me to view it. I've installed Mavericks and I've done the iPhoto upgrade necessary.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.