Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Public Site Manager eat my collection?

Dear iTunes U colleagues,

my content producer uploaded a new collection to the PSM yesterday. Today, after checking it was ok, we went to publish the new collection. When we hit Publish we got the "Processing previous publishing request" screen/message that we often get.

Now the collection has completely disappeared - it's not appeared in our site and it's also no longer listed in our Collections page.

Last week we uploaded a new collection, with 8 audio podcasts. these are also not showing, despite the collection itself being successfully published.

Anybody getting any other similar weird behaviour issues?

all the best

Graham

Posted on Jul 3, 2014 8:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2014 10:34 AM

Hello, Graham.

A similar situation happened here a few days ago.

I published an iTunes U course, not a collection, at 6:00 PM Thursday, June 26. It still did not show up in iTunes U Store or in our college's iTunes U site at 8:00 AM Monday, June 30. (I checked multiple times a day.) That was after over 80 hours.

I filled up a support request form in this web site: https://ssl.apple.com/support/itunes-u/public-site-manager/contact.html around 9:00 AM on Monday, June 30. Credit to Apple PSM Support, I got a reply around noon the same day informing me they did see the iTunes U Course up. I checked and it did become available in both places. So it took 80+ hours from the time it was published to the time it became available in iTunes U store and in our site.

We have over 120 courses and collections. It usually takes an hour or so and at most 24 hours for one course/collection to become available. It never needed more than a day, but this time more than 3 days.

So be patient. And you may fill up the support form also to let Apple iTunes U PSM Support team be aware.

Best.

Q. Wang

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 3, 2014 10:34 AM in response to Graham Macca

Hello, Graham.

A similar situation happened here a few days ago.

I published an iTunes U course, not a collection, at 6:00 PM Thursday, June 26. It still did not show up in iTunes U Store or in our college's iTunes U site at 8:00 AM Monday, June 30. (I checked multiple times a day.) That was after over 80 hours.

I filled up a support request form in this web site: https://ssl.apple.com/support/itunes-u/public-site-manager/contact.html around 9:00 AM on Monday, June 30. Credit to Apple PSM Support, I got a reply around noon the same day informing me they did see the iTunes U Course up. I checked and it did become available in both places. So it took 80+ hours from the time it was published to the time it became available in iTunes U store and in our site.

We have over 120 courses and collections. It usually takes an hour or so and at most 24 hours for one course/collection to become available. It never needed more than a day, but this time more than 3 days.

So be patient. And you may fill up the support form also to let Apple iTunes U PSM Support team be aware.

Best.

Q. Wang

Jul 3, 2014 10:39 AM in response to qqwang

Hi there,

thanks for this. Actually since posting the mystery 8 podcasts have appeared. However we still have the other mystery of the disappearing Collection (which has disappeared from our Collection list in the PSM Collection page as well as not appearing on the Site).

I have raised it with Apple though So I'll wait. It seems that we often get the

Publish

Your previous publishing request is in progress.

message when I go to the Publish page

all the best and thanks for your help

Graham

Public Site Manager eat my collection?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.