Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need to change name on Track Changes

I purchased this MAC all-in-one from my nephew, and although he has deleted his name as the owner, his last name keeps showing up as the person who makes suggestions in Track Changes. I need to eliminate him and add my name, but I can't figure out how to do it. Help?

Mizging

Posted on Jul 3, 2014 10:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2017 7:32 AM

Click on Word > Preference > User Information, use the desired name and check the box right below the name that says "Always use the name regardless of how I'm signed in Office" and that should work.

14 replies

Mar 28, 2017 9:06 PM in response to nepgorkhey

Finally someone offering a solution that works. Thank you. This helped me too. However, I did not have any "check box" that read "always use the name...". The dialog box just has a place to change the existing name to the preferred name along with other details like company name, address, phone number and email address. Nonetheless, very helpful.

Oct 31, 2017 6:13 AM in response to mizging

Here is the only way I was able to solve this problem. As a freelance editor, my jobs require that my Reviewer name be anonymous. I had to create a New User and login using that name in order for it to show up as the alternate reviewer name. My machine is currently running OS 10.9.5, Mavericks.

1. Go to System Preferences

2. Go to Users and Groups

3. Bottom left, click on "Click the lock to make changes." It will ask for your password.

4. The left panel is now accessible.

5. Under the "Login Options" click on the "+" to add a user account.

6. When adding the new account, I made it an "Administrator" account using the first tab in the new window.

7. You can then name the account (name desired for your Reviewer comments), add password.

8. Log out as current user and login with alternate account. The name of the new account will show up as the Reviewer name.

The only downside is that you need to create everything anew, as far as I can tell, as this new account is a new, independent user. Therefore, I had to email the docs to myself, then using the new account login to my email, download the docs, and go. If anyone can find an easier path, I would appreciate it. As many others have noted, simply changing the name in Word did not solve the problem.

Dec 17, 2017 2:53 PM in response to voulalas

Thank you, after a frustrating hour of changing it, and it still reverting back to my ex-boyfriend's name, which I have no clue how his name ever got associated with my Word program to begin with... But I went through the process you described above. Got to the blank/new account and realized Microsoft Office wasn't installed. I decided I'm just going to have to make the changes with my Ex's name showing, and went back to my normal account. I decided to change the preferences once more, and this time it saved it in my name.

So... Follow the above steps

Go back to original login

Open Document

Click Review

Click Show Mark Up

Click Preferences

Click in the search bar to bring it to a different screen

Click on User Information under Personal Settings

Enter your name

Press Ok

Need to change name on Track Changes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.