Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I try to open iPhoto, it asks me to choose a library. When I choose the iPhoto library, it won't allow me to open it. What do I do?

When I try to open iPhoto, it asks me to choose a library. When I choose the iPhoto library, it won't allow me to open it. What do I do?

Posted on Jul 3, 2014 1:05 PM

8 replies

Jul 3, 2014 1:19 PM in response to léonie

This is the message I receive when I try to open iPhoto. Then I'm not allowed to choose iPhoto in 'Other Library'. All I could choose is a recovered album that I was trying to upload last night. (It froze in the middle of uploading so I forced my computer to shut off.)

User uploaded file

I currently unable to find the version number because the whole application is frozen.

Jul 3, 2014 1:27 PM in response to lesliegeist

Download and run Find Any File to search for a file with "ThumbJPGSegment" in the file name. There are files common to all versions of iPhoto libraries with that as part of the file name..

FAF can search areas that Spotlight can't like invisible folders, system folders and packages. If there's a library hiding somewhere on your hard drive FAF will find it.

User uploaded file

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.