Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Brand new Mac book pro 13 inch no retina

Ok so I got my first MacBook Pro and when I went to inbox it I powered it on and then I noticed that after it being on sleep mode for a long time the battery will jump like 3 percent up then down or up and then it would stay I went through two macs and both did the same I am a little curious apple support said it was normal but I want to no if others dose this as we'll

Posted on Jul 3, 2014 12:58 PM

12 replies

Jun 27, 2016 3:20 PM in response to circulair

I Have been following some tips from ape support but I just do t quite understand why it dose it this is my second one already

also when you go to charge your Mac it won't go all the way up to a 100 it will go to like 97 or 98 and them as soon as I unplug the charger it will go to 100 after a couple of seconds to my Mac this two also happened twice

WWhen you charge yours dose it go all the way to 100 or will it stop at like 97 or 9& then go to a hundred after you unplugged it

Jul 11, 2014 11:59 AM in response to Community User

Apple user 789 wrote:

WWhen you charge yours dose it go all the way to 100 or will it stop at like 97 or 9& then go to a hundred after you unplugged it

Rechargeable devices like iPhones, computers will charge to 100% and then stop charging to prevent overcharging. When the charge level drops to about 97-98%, depending on the way the manufacturer has it set up, it will start charging again and go back to 100%. So, depending on when you look at it, you may not see 100%.

You're overthinking this.

Brand new Mac book pro 13 inch no retina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.