Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Library Backups No Longer Being Created in 10.1.2

No matter what I do, Library Backups are no longer being created in 10.1.2. This is happening on all 6 of my production Mac Pros and iMacs. I can change the location of the Library Backup folder, but nothing is ever created in the new location. It's as if FCPX no longer knows how to backup libraries.

Some background...

We are working with Libraries and Media files on our XSAN Volume.

OSX 10.9.3

FCPX 10.1.2

We did not notice the Backups were not being performed until one of our Libraries had an issue and we could not find a single Backup of the library.

What I have tried...

Move Libraries to Local System Volume - Still No Backups.

Change Library Backup Location - Still No Backups.

Toggle Library Backup Location to No Backups and then Back to Backups - Still No Backups.

Ensure Proper Permissions on Library Backup Folder - Still No Backups.

Trash FCPX Preferences - Still No Backups.

ReInstall FCPX - Still No Backups.

I am at a loss at what to do next. I can't even see the backup process happening in console, or any errors that might give me a clue as to why it's not working. Short of trying to reinstall Mac OS on one of my production macs, I see no other alternative. Considering I'm having this issue across our entire production system, I'm wondering if this is a very serious FCPX 10.1.2 bug.

Is anyone else having these issues????

Posted on Jul 3, 2014 1:26 PM

7 replies

Jul 3, 2014 5:32 PM in response to dcarpio01

My experience is similar.

For libraries created prior to 10,1.2, I have added additional backup libraries since the update.

But there have been no BU libraries created for any libraries created since the update.

Russ

Just to make that second sentence a bit more readable: For libraries created prior to 10.1.2, additional backup libraries have been created as I continue to work on them.

Jul 4, 2014 12:04 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

Tom Wolsky wrote:

Definitely not working as advertised. I made a new library. Imported some stuff. Futzed around. No backup. Waited more than an hour. Made a new project and always immediately a backup appeared.

I've had pretty much the same results trying to sort out what is going on since the 10.1.2 update regards Library Backups.

I'm getting no backups with newly created Libraries like others, tried all sorts of juggling acts in the new settings arrangement trying to find a way in.

What I have so far discovered is that Libraries are not created until a Duplicate Project is created of the original Project for the Library, then it appears to do as expected.

Seems like a bug. 😕

Hope other users can confirm this.

Al

Library Backups No Longer Being Created in 10.1.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.