Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari and Preview Printing Blank Pages

Hi,

I have had this problem for a while and it is really starting to drive me nuts. I cannot print anything (including regular webpages, not just PDFs) from Safari. Printing PDFs from Preview also does not work. I can connect to the printer, but all it does is spit out a blank sheet. I have even tried a few printers. The "preview" of your document/webpage that you usually get in the "print" dialogue box is all grey too (see picture). I can print just fine from MS Word and Chrome. Safari will print from the Guest User account.

I have tried a few of the suggestions to delete the print files from the library, and clearing my Safari cache, but that has not helped.

I am running Mavericks 10.9.3 and Safari 7.0.4.

Thanks!

Posted on Jul 3, 2014 2:04 PM

3 replies

Jul 3, 2014 6:01 PM in response to kdaly445

Back up all data.

Triple-click anywhere in the line below on this page to select it:

~/Library/Preferences

Right-click or control-click the line and select

Services Open

from the contextual menu.* A folder named "Preferences" should open. Inside it are one or more files with names beginning in "com.apple.print." Move those files to the Desktop, leaving the folder open. If any print queues are open, quit them. Test. If there's no change, put the files you moved back, overwriting the ones that may have been created in their place. Otherwise, delete the files you moved and recreate your print settings, if necessary.

*If you don't see the contextual menu item, copy the selected text to the Clipboard by pressing the key combination command-C. In the Finder, select

Go Go to Folder...

from the menu bar and paste into the box that opens by pressing command-V. You won't see what you pasted because a line break is included. Press return.

Safari and Preview Printing Blank Pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.