Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

PHP email() configuration

Hello community,

I'm a student so don't have much experience programming in PHP much less on localhost.

with that been said, I have developed an email form with html5 and PHP that is been hosted on mylocalhost. When I tested, send email, I'd get the message(page) of confirmation but emails never make it to the inbox.

I have researched this for several days and have tried most of the recommendation I have ran into but still doesn't work.

My understanding is, it has to do something with php.ini.

Can someone guide me on how to resolve this issue please.

by the way I'm on MacBook Pro and running Mavericks OS

Thank you in advance....

Posted on Jul 3, 2014 2:35 PM

6 replies

Jul 4, 2014 4:21 AM in response to etresoft

hello etresoft,

thank you for helping...

I am trying to follow your post on the link posted above. This is what i have done so far.....

when I inputed this command in the terminal "make oxp SSLDIR=/usr SSLCERTS=/System/Library/OpenSSL/certs" a message popped asking me to install Xcode, which I understand its needed so I installed.

I created a place to store the server:

sudo mkdir -p /usr/local/libexec

Copied the server into place:

sudo mv ipopd/ipop3d /usr/local/libexec

Here, I get the following message:

mills$ sudo mv ipopd/ipop3d /usr/local/libexec

mv: rename ipopd/ipop3d to /usr/local/libexec/ipop3d: No such file or directory

mills$

What am I doing wrong???

P.S.

in command lines i.e.:

"Load the launchd config files:

sudo launchctl load -w /Library/LaunchDaemons/edu.washington.pop3.plist"

Does the commands need to be entered just as it states or the /edu.washington.po3.... needs to be modified???

Thank you again for your help

Dec 31, 2015 5:30 AM in response to etresoft

Hi,

I read your tips Local mail server for OS X .

(mac os 10.40.11) it worked fine until (having done the previous instructions change Label to edu.washington.pop3s.plist)

launchctl load -w /Library/launchDaemons/edu.washington.pop3s.plist

I get this message:

missing the Label key: /Library/launchDaemons/edu.washington.pop3s.plist ( I DID PUT THE LABEL edu.washington.pop3s.plist)

Nothing Found to load.

Any ideas why this isn't get throught?

thank you,

V

PHP email() configuration

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.