Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changing stored Application passwords

On sign in on some sites, there is a remember me √ box. This remembers your password. eBay and others.

Recently had to change passwords for security reasons.

How do i delete the stored password, in order to enter a new one? Have never used KeyChain.

WB

PPC G4 867MHz, PPC G5, 2x 2.6GHz, TenFourFox (Mozilla),

Posted on Jul 3, 2014 3:24 PM

6 replies

Jul 5, 2014 4:15 PM in response to BDAqua

Thanks for the input. Very good directions. Tried your suggestion and when the saved passwords window came up it was blank. Nothing there. The show passwords button was greyed out and unable to click.

I tried Klaus1 suggestion prior and the keychain also had nothing in it. I have never used the keychain before.

I do a lot of research and visit a lot of sites,I probably have at least 20 different passwords for the different sites I use.

I also use Startpage, Ghosterys, Anonymox 2.4.3, AutoProxy, DoNotTrackMe.

Was aware of most of the information released by Snowden at least 10 years ago.

Thanks again for the trying

Jul 6, 2014 9:00 PM in response to BDAqua

Yes, I have at least 6 running Macs at my place, The 2 models mentioned are the only ones connected to the internet, by fiber optics through a LINKSYS ROUTER. Wireless capability disabled on purpose. I deliberately do not link these 2 machines together through the router for security reasons. I sneaker net data between them with a thumb drive.

I am the only user and run these machines as the Administrator with a login password. The other machines are still using OS 9 and also are not networked. I have been EMP'ed twice by the feds when using Apple Net with older machines, and it cost. me 5 computers and 2 printers, so no longer network my machines and have fariday caged some of them.

"I am here & Show Passwords is black, turns to Hide Passwords & displays all PWDs." ????? BLACK ????

My preferences> security> saved passwords> Window comes up with nothing listed (blank, empty) and the (show passwords) button at the bottom comes up greyed, and is not executable, on tenfourfox..

Up until recently when I started putting in my user ID (for a site) it would give me a selection of used ID's, once the correct one was selected it entered my old password (................) which wasn't my new password. So the old password is stored somewhere, because it pops up when I enter my user ID. Today I tried one site and it didn't bring up my selection of possible user names.

Most of the time I boot with my router or computer disconnected from the net and only connect to the net when I want to log on.

WB

Changing stored Application passwords

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.