Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My ipod touch has stopped downloading new music (purchased via internet or from a CD) from iTunes when I sync it, how do I fix this?

I have a 32 GB ipod touch with plenty of space on it still, but when I sync it to iTunes, any music I've recently added will not download to the iPod. It was working fine until a month ago, but now even though the new songs are visible on iTunes in the "On this iPod page" but they show up as not downloaded. I've run a diagnostic test on my iPod but it said everything was working fine. Is there a way to fix this? I have purchased and downloaded music from cds and all of a sudden I can't add them to the library on my device.

Posted on Jul 3, 2014 4:28 PM

8 replies

Jul 7, 2014 8:00 AM in response to CNus

I also tried manually syncing the iPod instead of automatically syncing it, but I have the same problem. iTunes says all my music is synced, but the "On this iPod" library shows the songs as not downloaded (they're listed there but with the "downloading" symbol), and they do not appear on the iPod when I look for them.

Jul 4, 2014 3:03 AM in response to CNus

What exactly happens when you try to sync?

Does iTunes see the iPod?

Was the iPod previous synced to another iTunes library/computer?

Have you successfully synced from this iTunes library/computer before?

If so have you done anything like update iTunes on the computer since it last successfully synced?

Do the songs play in iTunes?

Does any media now sync to the iPod?

Do you have the right boxes checked to sync?

iTunes: Syncing media content to iOS devices and iPod

Try syncing using the manual method

Managing content manually on iPhone, iPad, and iPod

Backup the iPod to iTunes and then restore from that backup

]iOS: Back up and restore your iOS device with iCloud or iTunes

Jul 7, 2014 7:56 AM in response to lllaass

The iPod was once synced to another computer, but I have had it for over a year now, and it never had a problem until last month loading new music. ITunes sees the iPod, and it automatically syncs like ususal. The new songs show up in the "On this iPod" library, but they show up as not downloaded. However, when I check for new downloads in the iTunes store on my iPod, nothing is listed. And this happened with the last CD I tried to load on as well. The songs do not sync to the iPod, but iTunes says all my music is synced.

Jul 11, 2014 2:07 PM in response to lllaass

They play on iTunes just fine. They are in AAC audio version. According to the information about the songs there is no difference between the ones that play and the ones that don't as far as format goes. Strangely, 4 of the songs that I recently purchased will download to the iPod, but some that I purchased before will not, and the last song I bought will not, and the CD that I tried to upload two weeks ago will not download to the iPod.

Jul 16, 2014 9:55 AM in response to CNus

I ended up completely resetting the Ipod. I did not restore it from a back up but set it up as a new device. Then I manually added my music library from iTunes. It is working now. I just bought new songs and they synced just fine with my device. I hope the problem is solved! Thanks for your suggestions to fix it, I appreciate it!

My ipod touch has stopped downloading new music (purchased via internet or from a CD) from iTunes when I sync it, how do I fix this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.