Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Podcast Submission Rejected

Hi

I have submitted a new podcast to be added to the itunes store twice and both times it has been rejected. From what I can see I have followed the specs for podcast submission so I dont understand why its being rejected.

The feed is at http://feeds.podtrac.com/276GXZERgJLb

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Posted on Jul 3, 2014 7:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2014 11:06 PM

The feed can be susbcribed to manually in iTunes so there appears to be no technical problem with it. Since you are playing music the most likely issue is concern that you are using copyright recordings - may people create podcast using commercially issued CDs, and this is a breach of copyright which will get you removed once detected.

Since you say these musicians are unsigned, it may be that you have ownership of the copyright of the recordings, and written permission from the artists to publish their work. If so you need to introduce some wording into the description to make it clear that this is the case.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 3, 2014 11:06 PM in response to PhantomCanary

The feed can be susbcribed to manually in iTunes so there appears to be no technical problem with it. Since you are playing music the most likely issue is concern that you are using copyright recordings - may people create podcast using commercially issued CDs, and this is a breach of copyright which will get you removed once detected.

Since you say these musicians are unsigned, it may be that you have ownership of the copyright of the recordings, and written permission from the artists to publish their work. If so you need to introduce some wording into the description to make it clear that this is the case.

Jul 3, 2014 11:38 PM in response to Roger Wilmut1

Thanks Roger, this is what I was thinking may be the case. All the artists that we have on the show have sent in the music themselves with their permission to have it played. If I had already resubmitted it, and it was under review but changed the feed before I received the decision, would they get the updated feed when they reviewed it? Or do you think I will have to resubmit it again, a fourth time? Hopefully it will get through this time.

Thanks again

Podcast Submission Rejected

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.