Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

4.1.2 stuck on processing

Hey,

I'm working with compressor 4.1.2 and final cut X. These other details may not be relevant, but I am on a macbook pro with 8GB RAM, 2.66GHz intel core i7.
Am working this project from an external drive, so things are a bit slower, but haven't had any problems other than reduced speed in the past.

Have edited a project in final cut X and used the "send to compressor" option. I have then copied over the "Create DVD" settings and set the location to a folder on the drive. Finally I submitted the job. At this point, it tells me there is one job active and that it is processing. It then proceeds to just stay at "processing" and makes no progress. The "elapsed time" stays at zero.

Can anyone help on this?

Would be much appreciated, thanks.

Posted on Jul 3, 2014 5:59 PM

9 replies

Jul 6, 2014 5:00 AM in response to derekfrombronx

I have the same problem on a imac hangs after a few seconds. No progress.

Tried the ssd disk and 1tb internal.

Should you not see some kind of file or folder in the location you set, while its rendering. I dont see anything.

FCPx 10.1.2 and Compressor 4.1.2.

Youtube preset.

It might be FCPX, when i export a master file all looks ok.

QT pop up and shows the file.

But when I go to the location I set, there is nothing.

Jul 7, 2014 3:25 PM in response to Annfromholland

Hi Ann.

Here's Compressorsupport information.

Report bugs using the Provide Compressor Feedback in the Compressor drop down menu.

It's unclear to me what you are trying to do in Compressor. What kind of an encoding job were you finding unsatisfactory?

What are the settings you used and hat was the source file?

Your first post indicated that a job was hanging. Often, the solution for that problem is to go to users/user/library/application support/Compressor/history/v4 and move the batch that hang to the trash.

If I could offer a suggestion: you'll generally get a better response on these boards if you start a new thread that is specific to your issue. The OP in this thread has marked it solved and consequently fewer people who might be able to help will view it.

Russ

4.1.2 stuck on processing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.