Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

A Password is required to activate this device

A Password is required to activate this device because its owner has used Find My iPhone to link it to their Apple ID

​[Re-Titled by Host]

Posted on Jul 4, 2014 1:42 AM

281 replies

Jul 22, 2017 10:21 AM in response to Amitjain9821

No. IF you are getting an application lock message as I said your options are to contact the previous owner and get them to clear the activation lock, which will then allow you to set a new password or return it and get your money back. If you are unable to do either of those things you will never be able to use that watch.

Aug 22, 2017 12:41 PM in response to saron83

Since you came in and skipped all previous posts I'll give you the readers digest version:

1. You've purchased a second hand device that was Activation Locked by a previous owner.

2. If you know the previous owner send them this: what to do before you sell or give away your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

3. If you do not know who they are Apple will not help you find out. Return your iPad to the seller and get your money back.

This is an anti-theft method implemented by Apple and has been highly successful.

A Password is required to activate this device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.