Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I connect left and right RCA audio jacks to my iMac to record?

I would like to connect my Tascam 8-track digital recorder to the iMac. The Tascam stereo output is L/R RCA jacks. Is there a chord that is Stereo L/R RCA male jacks on one end and a USB or Thunderbolt jack on the other side?

Thanks much,

John

Posted on Jul 4, 2014 12:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2014 12:51 AM

RCA connectors are Analog, not Digital. Unless your Tascam actually has a digital out you can only connect in this fashion.

13 replies

Jul 4, 2014 6:45 AM in response to Csound1

Csound1 wrote:

The Behringer is a piece of junk, don't get it.

The Behringer isn't exactly junk, but considering (as I'm sure Csound1 did) NYCteacherR's comments in another of his discussions here about wanting high quality audio, it isn't a good choice.

And has been mentioned in several of these discussions, we really need specifics to help him much. That includes the model of the iMac, info or at least the model number of the Tascam recorder, what other equipment might be involved (like mixers or mics), & what specifically he is most interested in recording.

For example, there isn't much point in investing in a high end digital to analog interface if the source material isn't high quality to begin with.

Jul 5, 2014 3:55 AM in response to NYCteacherR

Do not imagine that you can give me instruction.

You ignore advice, fail to answer questions, post questions in multiple places with little coherence and then you whine?

The correct answers to your questions have been posted several times in several of your threads. What is the point of continually asking them if you won't take the advice offered.

Trolling maybe?

Jul 5, 2014 4:28 AM in response to NYCteacherR

NYCteacherR wrote:

I'm new to this this forum and new to Apple Computers. I hope you don't work for Apple as a moderator, because your attitude is sarcastic and unhelpful.

So, I'll tell you what, don't bother responding to any of my posts in the future.

None of us are moderators -- they seldom post anything but when they do you will know it because they have special avatars nobody else can use. As for the "unhelpful" remark, please read the "How to write a good question" info that appears on the page where you type the summary of your question. That explains the importance of including details in your summary -- without them we have no way of knowing what might be helpful & what would just waste our time & yours, or even cause you needless expense or problems with your Mac.

Also, please be aware that even though you asked the question, in the future other users looking for similar answers may read this discussion, so by providing enough info for anyone to tell if what is discussed here is relevant to them, you can help other users too.

How can I connect left and right RCA audio jacks to my iMac to record?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.