Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Raid 1 failed with both drives failed.

I have been having problems with Raid 1 for some time with it crashing on a daily basis. Up until now, it has recovered itself, but now in disk utility, it stated that both disks had failed. I deleted the raid array which should have given me 2 individual disks, but the iMac is refusing to see them although they are visible in disk utility.

Anybody able to advise me on what I can do to rescue the disks without doing an erase and losing all the data?

I'm running the array on 2 identical Samsung 2Tb external drives.

Posted on Jul 4, 2014 1:45 AM

3 replies

Jul 4, 2014 3:09 PM in response to rack0 tack0

I can do nothing with them. I've even tried starting the iMac without either disk attached and then adding just one of them, but it identifies it as a raid disk and won't let me do anything with it. I suspect it's going to be an erase and restore from the back up.

Thinking of giving up on this raid lark. It crashes at least once a day and it's not like i'm using the disks heavily. Think I'm just going to use Time Machine to back up the data.

Raid 1 failed with both drives failed.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.