Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Setup of a Mac OS X Server in a windows Domain Network

Hello,

I hope somebody can help me with my many questions...

I manage a network of 600 windows PC in a windows server 2008 network, everything is under a unique DC (XXXX.Internal), and users log in using Active Directory, but I'm not good at all in configuring the infrastructure.

Joining the same network I have 4 macs who are bind to Active Directory.

As I enforced more restrictive proxy rules, I now need to set up a MAC OS server to manage mainly the app store updates and push them to the clients, on top I would like to manage the devices and the backups centrally but I really don't know from where to start as I got instantly confused when talking of Macs.

I hope that somebody can point me the right steps to undertake to make this little thing working, for example, the first issue I encounter if I try to activate profile manager is that after entering the directory administrator password I get the following error "This Computer's host name is invalid..." does it means I need to create a different hostname or can I use the XXXX.internal? that querying terminal is the actual one?

I also imagine that open directory is essential to manage the computers ou's, but I would keep AD to manage log-ins, but once again, of course, I get stopped by the invalid hostname error.

I'll really appreciate any little help you may give me.

Many Thanks

Peter

Posted on Jul 4, 2014 12:41 AM

There are no replies.

Setup of a Mac OS X Server in a windows Domain Network

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.