Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I synch my podcasts directly from my MacBook with iPhone/iPad (without iCloud)?

Hi,

I am using an MacBook with iTunes 11.2.2. (3) and an iPhone/iPad with the most recent iOS 7.1.2.

What annoys me is the coud symbole on my iPhone/iPad when I want to listen to my Podcasts. Is there any way to have a direct synchronization of podcasts from my MacBook to my iPhone/iPad? In a nutshell: why do I have to download the same content twice?

Unfortunately, I am sometimes in remote areas without internet/mobile phone coverage. Thus, I would simply get all stuff from my MacBook on my iPhone/iPad without any (unnecessary) detour via the cloud just as in the back old days, when you had to use iTunes for any data transfer to you iPod.

Looking forward to your insights!

Best regards

Torsten

Posted on Jul 4, 2014 1:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2014 12:00 PM

Hi Torsten_75,

Welcome to the Support Communities! If I'm understanding your question correctly, you want to be able to sync Podcasts directly from your Macbook with your iPhone/iPad. You can still do that via the iTunes software on your Mac and the Podcasts app for your device:

Podcasts app for iOS: Syncing podcasts

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT6202

Mac or PC

1. Open iTunes and then click the iTunes menu.
  2. Choose Preferences and then click the Store tab.
  3. Place a checkmark next to "Sync podcast subscriptions and settings."
    User uploaded file

Details on syncing

Enabling syncing for podcasts syncs subscriptions, stations, and play position. Here are the details on everything that syncs.Subscriptions

• Subscribing
    Syncing podcast subscriptions will download the newest episode for each podcast you are subscribed to (but not previous episodes for that podcast). If you choose to download other episodes for a subscription on one device, they won't automatically download to your other devices. See the transferring section below for more information.
  • Unsubscribing
    If you unsubscribe from a podcast on one device, all of your other devices will unsubscribe to that podcast. If you re-enable a subscription to a podcast, all of your other devices will subscribe to that podcast again.
  • Deleting
    When you delete a subscription on a device you'll also automatically be unsubscribed to it on all of your devices. If you delete a podcast on your iOS device, iTunes on your computer will show the message "This podcast has been deleted from another device, but has saved episodes."
    User uploaded file
  • If you click Resolve you'll see the message "Do you want to delete or restore syncing of the podcast?"
    User uploaded file
  • If you want to keep any episodes that you've saved on your computer, click Restore Sync on the the dialog box. The subscription will then be added back to your other devices.
  • If you click Delete, the podcast and all its episodes will be deleted. If you delete a podcast subscription on your computer, it will delete the subscription on your iOS devices including downloaded episodes (unless they're marked as Saved).

StationsWhen you create a station in iTunes on your computer, it will appear on your other devices. If you create a station in the Podcasts app for iOS it will appear on your other devices. Any station settings you change will also sync to all of your devices. If you delete a station on one of your devices, it’ll delete on every other one too.Playback positionPodcasts can remember your playback position between devices and computers so you can always start where you left off. As long as syncing for Podcasts remains on for your iOS device, playback position will sync. However, you'll need to enable this setting in iTunes on your Mac or PC since it's off by default.On your computer

1. From iTunes pull-down menu select Preferences
  2. Click the Store tab
  3. Enable "Sync playback information across devices." It may take a few minutes for syncing to finish.
    User uploaded file

Transferring episodes and playlists

Podcast episodes on one device don't automatically download on your other devices. If you want all your downloaded episodes to appear on your other devices, you'll need to sync your iOS devices to your computer over Wi-Fi or with a USB cable.

1. Connect your iOS device to your Mac or PC with iTunes.
  2. Click the Podcasts tab.
  3. Pick which downloaded podcasts should appear on your iOS devices as well.
    User uploaded file
  4. To sync an iTunes playlist of podcasts to your iOS devices, place a checkmark next to them under "Include Episodes from Playlists." These playlists will appear in My Stations in the Podcasts app for iOS.
  5. Click Sync.

Cheers,

- Judy

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 6, 2014 12:00 PM in response to Torsten_75

Hi Torsten_75,

Welcome to the Support Communities! If I'm understanding your question correctly, you want to be able to sync Podcasts directly from your Macbook with your iPhone/iPad. You can still do that via the iTunes software on your Mac and the Podcasts app for your device:

Podcasts app for iOS: Syncing podcasts

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT6202

Mac or PC

1. Open iTunes and then click the iTunes menu.
  2. Choose Preferences and then click the Store tab.
  3. Place a checkmark next to "Sync podcast subscriptions and settings."
    User uploaded file

Details on syncing

Enabling syncing for podcasts syncs subscriptions, stations, and play position. Here are the details on everything that syncs.Subscriptions

• Subscribing
    Syncing podcast subscriptions will download the newest episode for each podcast you are subscribed to (but not previous episodes for that podcast). If you choose to download other episodes for a subscription on one device, they won't automatically download to your other devices. See the transferring section below for more information.
  • Unsubscribing
    If you unsubscribe from a podcast on one device, all of your other devices will unsubscribe to that podcast. If you re-enable a subscription to a podcast, all of your other devices will subscribe to that podcast again.
  • Deleting
    When you delete a subscription on a device you'll also automatically be unsubscribed to it on all of your devices. If you delete a podcast on your iOS device, iTunes on your computer will show the message "This podcast has been deleted from another device, but has saved episodes."
    User uploaded file
  • If you click Resolve you'll see the message "Do you want to delete or restore syncing of the podcast?"
    User uploaded file
  • If you want to keep any episodes that you've saved on your computer, click Restore Sync on the the dialog box. The subscription will then be added back to your other devices.
  • If you click Delete, the podcast and all its episodes will be deleted. If you delete a podcast subscription on your computer, it will delete the subscription on your iOS devices including downloaded episodes (unless they're marked as Saved).

StationsWhen you create a station in iTunes on your computer, it will appear on your other devices. If you create a station in the Podcasts app for iOS it will appear on your other devices. Any station settings you change will also sync to all of your devices. If you delete a station on one of your devices, it’ll delete on every other one too.Playback positionPodcasts can remember your playback position between devices and computers so you can always start where you left off. As long as syncing for Podcasts remains on for your iOS device, playback position will sync. However, you'll need to enable this setting in iTunes on your Mac or PC since it's off by default.On your computer

1. From iTunes pull-down menu select Preferences
  2. Click the Store tab
  3. Enable "Sync playback information across devices." It may take a few minutes for syncing to finish.
    User uploaded file

Transferring episodes and playlists

Podcast episodes on one device don't automatically download on your other devices. If you want all your downloaded episodes to appear on your other devices, you'll need to sync your iOS devices to your computer over Wi-Fi or with a USB cable.

1. Connect your iOS device to your Mac or PC with iTunes.
  2. Click the Podcasts tab.
  3. Pick which downloaded podcasts should appear on your iOS devices as well.
    User uploaded file
  4. To sync an iTunes playlist of podcasts to your iOS devices, place a checkmark next to them under "Include Episodes from Playlists." These playlists will appear in My Stations in the Podcasts app for iOS.
  5. Click Sync.

Cheers,

- Judy

How do I synch my podcasts directly from my MacBook with iPhone/iPad (without iCloud)?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.