Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Photos Problem

Hello There. In my Settings/Usege , it shows photo library are 103 MB. But there is no any photo in my Photos . I restored as it new iphone, i Restored from the last backup, i disabled iCloud photo sharing but still i can not get rid of this. in my iCloud, i reset my data usege. But still 103 still there and also in iTunes. i took a picture and connect to my other notebook, still there but how can i clear this data?

Thanks.

Here is the screenshot.

User uploaded file

Posted on Jul 4, 2014 2:43 AM

9 replies

Jul 6, 2014 7:59 AM in response to idrisinan

Hi idrisinan,

Welcome to the Support Communities! The Camera Roll contains photos you've taken with your iPhone. The Photo Library contains any photos you've synced with iTunes or that you have in the iPhoto app.

iTunes: Syncing photos

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4236

To delete synced photos and videos from your device

1. In iTunes, click the Device button in the upper right corner. (If viewing the iTunes Store, click the Library button in the upper-right corner first.)
  2. Click the Photos tab in the resulting window.
  3. Choose "Selected albums" and deselect the albums or collections you want to delete.
    Note: To delete all synced photos, deselect "Sync Photos from" and, when asked, click "Remove photos."
  4. Click Apply.

iPhoto for iOS (iPhone): Delete photos from iPhoto

http://support.apple.com/kb/PH3257

Cheers,

- Judy

Jul 7, 2014 6:20 PM in response to idrisinan

Have you ever used photo stream? or shared photo?

To delete the photos:

1. Delete the photo from "My Photo Stream" in the source device (the device used to take the picture), this will delete it from the active Photo Stream on all devices

2. On the iMac, go into the automatically created monthly Photo Stream events, and delete the photos from there

3. In iTunes, initiate a Sync, which will update the syncronized albums/events there, removing the photos on the idevice as well

Jul 10, 2014 12:26 PM in response to idrisinan

Hi idrisinan,

I think Mac.Dee is right on the money here. It appears from your screenshot that the photos came from your computer. If you synced or transferred pictures from your computer to your iPhone, the only way to remove them is by reversing that process in iTunes. See the attached article for more information:

iTunes: Syncing photos

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4236

To delete synced photos and videos from your device

1. In iTunes, click the Device button in the upper right corner. (If viewing the iTunes Store, click the Library button in the upper-right corner first.)
  2. Click the Photos tab in the resulting window.
  3. Choose "Selected albums" and deselect the albums or collections you want to delete.
    Note: To delete all synced photos, deselect "Sync Photos from" and, when asked, click "Remove photos."
  4. Click Apply.

I hope this information helps ....

- Judy

iPhone Photos Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.