Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Installing Windows-Shared Printer

Dear Fellow Apple Users,

I am posting this thread as I encountered a problem pertaining to installing a network printer. I have followed the steps provided in this page: http://its.truman.edu/documentation/index.asp?docId=424 and this page: OS X: Connecting a Wi-Fi printer to your Wi-Fi network but the document wouldn't print. Suddenly the printer was paused and when I resumed, it suddenly went back to paused again, and again.

I am now totally confused on how to add a network printer. FYI, my Mac is MBP 15" MA895LL.

Hoping for your kind help. Please, anyone…?

Posted on Jul 4, 2014 2:40 AM

5 replies

Jul 7, 2014 12:36 PM in response to judysings

Thanks for the response, Judy.

I actually did follow the guidelines mentioned in the webpage you quoted. But still, the same problem occured.

I've specifically tried at least a dozen times, then I decided to give up, and print my documents manually. Yet, this is a bit of ineffective in terms of time and as well as extra energy to go to the computer where the main printer is installed into.

Aug 7, 2014 4:01 AM in response to mfanshuri

Hi, Judy,

I consulted my network administrator and unfortunately he could not solve the problem either since he had no experience whatsoever in using MacOS-based products. I've also translated the webpage you suggested to have a look at to him since he doesn't really speak English. And we tried installing, yet the result of the printer installation attempts was still the same; my document wouldn't print.

Thank you very much for responding to this thread anyway, Judy Wish you all the best of luck.

- mfanshuri

Aug 7, 2014 1:29 PM in response to judysings

Hi, Judy,

I consulted my network administrator and unfortunately he could not solve the problem either since he had no experience whatsoever in using MacOS-based products. I've also translated the webpage you suggested to have a look at to him since he doesn't really speak English. And we tried installing, yet the result of the printer installation attempts was still the same; my document wouldn't print.

Thank you very much for responding to this thread anyway, Judy Wish you all the best of luck.

- mfanshuri

Installing Windows-Shared Printer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.