Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

APERTURE - ADD NUMBERS

How can I add numbers to the foots.

I asked the help section, but I cannot find

Import (Importübersicht)

nor name files (Datei benennen).

I would like to add a name and a number.

Thanks.

Posted on Jul 4, 2014 2:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2014 3:17 AM

Do you want to add numbers when importing the photos or afterwards?

When importing, use the "Rename Files" brick in the Import panel. You may have to add this brick from the "Import Settings" drop-down panel.

User uploaded file

Then use one of the presets that will add an index or counter:

User uploaded file

If the images have already been imported, try the "Metadata" menu: Metadata > Batch Change > "Custom name with index" or similar.

User uploaded file

All these methods will change the version name in Aperture, but not the original filenames. If you actually want to change the filenames of the originals, try "Apply to original files" when batch changing the version names.

User uploaded file

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 4, 2014 3:17 AM in response to Weitbrecht

Do you want to add numbers when importing the photos or afterwards?

When importing, use the "Rename Files" brick in the Import panel. You may have to add this brick from the "Import Settings" drop-down panel.

User uploaded file

Then use one of the presets that will add an index or counter:

User uploaded file

If the images have already been imported, try the "Metadata" menu: Metadata > Batch Change > "Custom name with index" or similar.

User uploaded file

All these methods will change the version name in Aperture, but not the original filenames. If you actually want to change the filenames of the originals, try "Apply to original files" when batch changing the version names.

User uploaded file

APERTURE - ADD NUMBERS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.