Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

gkbisd Unable to collect cdhash error code 100024

What is process/daemon gkbbisd ?

What is cdhash? What means "error code 100024" ?

One example message:

07/03/2014 9:17:24.443 PM gkbisd[246]: Unable to collect cdhash for /System/Library/CoreServices/Install in Progress.app (error code 100024)

I have hundreds more

"/System/Library/CoreServices/Install in Progress.app" ??

Posted on Jul 4, 2014 6:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2014 5:22 AM

It looks like gkbisd is used for verification of code signatures for GateKeeper (the thing that asks you if you really want to open an app when you open it for the first time). It was only added in 10.9.4.

I was getting the same log messages, and found that removing its database and restarting the process stopped the messages from occurring.

Open Terminal and do the following:

sudo killall gkbisd

sudo mv /private/var/db/gkbis.db /private/var/db/gkbis.db.backup

sudo /usr/libexec/gkbisd &

You'll be asked to enter your password to run these commands.

This will kill the gkbisd process, move the database (so it has to build it again), and then restart it.

If you're comfortable with the command line then there should be no harm in deleting the database rather than moving it.

35 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 12, 2014 5:22 AM in response to ChipMcK-r

It looks like gkbisd is used for verification of code signatures for GateKeeper (the thing that asks you if you really want to open an app when you open it for the first time). It was only added in 10.9.4.

I was getting the same log messages, and found that removing its database and restarting the process stopped the messages from occurring.

Open Terminal and do the following:

sudo killall gkbisd

sudo mv /private/var/db/gkbis.db /private/var/db/gkbis.db.backup

sudo /usr/libexec/gkbisd &

You'll be asked to enter your password to run these commands.

This will kill the gkbisd process, move the database (so it has to build it again), and then restart it.

If you're comfortable with the command line then there should be no harm in deleting the database rather than moving it.

Jul 12, 2014 11:57 PM in response to ChipMcK-r

Glad I could help.

ChipMcK-r wrote:

Curious about the "&" character in "sudo /usr/libexec/gkbisd &". Without man entry, parameters are not obvious

Sure - putting & at the end of the line means that the gkbisd process will be run in the background, instead of your terminal window (so that you can quit from Terminal without the process being terminated as well).

This functionality is actually part of the shell, so it can be used to make any command run in the background.

Jul 14, 2014 4:53 AM in response to sickmate

In addition to my post above, I am now seeing lots of messages in Console such as:

14/07/2014 12:50:59.446 com.apple.SecurityServer[14]: Killing auth hosts

14/07/2014 12:50:59.446 com.apple.SecurityServer[14]: Session 100049 destroyed

14/07/2014 12:50:59.448 com.apple.SecurityServer[14]: Session 100050 created

Is this what should be there?

Jul 17, 2014 6:15 AM in response to ChipMcK-r

I get the same issue with the Aurora wake up/alarm app. Only started after updating to Mac OS X 10.9.4. Now when the mac wakes up to a set alarm and attempts to start the day by playing a playlist, it instead spams the Console with thousands of messages.

gkbisd[232]: Unable to collect cdhash for /Applications/Utilities/Aurora.app/Contents/Library/LoginItems/AuroraWakeupHelp er.app (error code 100024)

com.apple.launchd.peruser.501[237]: (AuroraWakeupHelper) Throttling respawn: Will start in 10 seconds

It only stops (until next time) if I quit both halves of Aurora, both the dock program and the menubar item.

Jul 18, 2014 8:00 AM in response to aetnaria

I tried downloading and re-installing the 10.9.4 update using the .dmg on the Apple support downloads page (instead of the App Store) and it looks like the problem is fixed - at least it hasn't come back in the last 24 hours or so.

I tried the database repair procedure above, and even re-insalling browser extensions, and both made it go away for a little while but it eventually came back.

Hope this helps.

Aaron

Jul 20, 2014 3:38 PM in response to bratman91

ChipMcK-r, bratman91,

It was the ComboUpdate, only the second time I downloaded the .dmg from the support page and ran it where the first was an App Store auto-update.

Well, it was a nice try, but after two days things started slowing down again and I've got a bunch of "gkbisd: Unable to collect cdhash for..." errors. So long story short I've been using Firefox. The error is with [/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/webKit2.framework/Versions/A/XPCServices/com .apple.WebKit.WebContent.xpc] (error code 10024)

The strange thing is my MacBook Pro isn't having this issue so apparently it's only happening on some systems but I have no clue why. I can think of only two other things to try: 1) Manually remove Safari and run the combo update again to re-install it, and 2) Clean install of the OS.

I might try #1 if I get some time this week. I'm not going to try #2 unless somebody else (preferably from Apple) can guarantee it will work.

gkbisd Unable to collect cdhash error code 100024

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.