Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wireless NAS/TV, External Hard Drive

This is my first post, so thanks in advance for any help!

I have just purchased an MacBook Air 13", and am looking for some advice on home networking/external hard drives etc...

On my old Windows Laptop I would download a film using a Torrent, copy it to a flash USB stick, insert into TV, and then watch.

Now I would very much like to be able to do all of this wirelessly (if possible).

Ideally - I would like to be able to automatically save all of my downloaded films to a folder that isn't on my MBA, whether this is an external hard drive or Time Capsule etc etc. and then access that folder via my TV, so I don't have to do any transferring, moving, unplugging etc.

Is this possible?

I don't mind a USB cable going from the hard drive (or whatever) to the TV and this being permanently connected, I would just like to be able to download a film, it to be saved somewhere else not local to the MBA automatically without having to drag and drop it, and then accessed instantly on the TV, to confuse matters further my router (Tesco Broadband - Thompson) does not have any USB slots on it, only Ethernet.

Can anyone recommend a way of doing this (if possible)? And any products (Looking for about 1TB storage)

Thanks

Chris

Posted on Jul 4, 2014 6:53 AM

There are no replies.

Wireless NAS/TV, External Hard Drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.